World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Toopkhaneh

Article Id: WHEBN0009659882
Reproduction Date:

Title: Toopkhaneh  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Tehran, Tehran Province, Tajrish, Rey, Iran, Ahmad Ahmadi
Collection: Buildings and Structures in Tehran, Neighbourhoods in Tehran, Squares in Iran
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Toopkhaneh

Telegraph building
Municipality Palace of Tehran in 1950s
Municipality Palace of Tehran in 1930s to 1940s

Toop Khāneh (Persian: توپخانه‎‎; which literally means "Artillery Barracks"),[1] also spelt as Tūpkhāneh, is a major town square (Maidan-e Toopkhaneh) and a neighborhood in the south of the central district of the city of Tehran, Iran. It was built in 1867 by an order of Amir Kabir and Commissioned in 1877. After the Iranian Revolution, it was renamed Imam Khomeini Square (میدان امام خمینی). Cheragh Bargh (Amir Kabir) street ends-up to this square, and Naserie (Naser Khosrow) street, Bob Homayoun street, Sepah street, Ferdowsi street and Lalezar street find ways to other directions.[2]

References

  1. ^ It is pronounced as Tupkhuneh (توپخونه, [tʰupxuˈne]) in Tehrani accent.
  2. ^ "میدان امام خمینی". کتاب اول. Retrieved 31 Mar 2011. 


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.