World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Góra Świętej Anny

Article Id: WHEBN0012536660
Reproduction Date:

Title: Góra Świętej Anny  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Opole Voivodeship, Hyacinth Graf Strachwitz von Groß-Zauche und Camminetz, Annaberg (disambiguation)
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Góra Świętej Anny

Góra Świętej Anny
Sankt Annaberg

Bilingual signs
Góra Świętej AnnySankt Annaberg
Góra Świętej Anny
Sankt Annaberg

Coordinates: 50°27′22″N 18°10′03″E / 50.45611°N 18.16750°E / 50.45611; 18.16750

Country  Poland
Voivodeship Opole
County Strzelce County
Gmina Gmina Leśnica
Population (2006)
 • Total 580
Time zone CET (UTC+1)
 • Summer (DST) CEST (UTC+2)
Postal code 47-154
Area code(s) +48 77
Car plates OST

Góra Świętej Anny [ˈɡura ˈɕfʲɛntɛj ˈannɨ] (German: Sankt Annaberg, Annaberg; Silesian: Anaberg, both names mean "Saint Anne's Mountain") is a village in the Opole Voivodeship, Strzelce County, and Gmina Leśnica of Poland.[1] The village is located on the hill from which its name derives, and a 15th-century church and monastery dedicated to Saint Anne are located in the village. The settlement lies within the protected area called Góra Świętej Anny Landscape Park.

In 1921, while still part of Germany, the hill was the site of the Battle of Annaberg during the Silesian Uprisings.

Main sights

  • 15th-century church dedicated to St. Anna
  • 17th-century Franciscan monastery and monastery museum
  • Calvary 17th an 18th-centuries
  • Amphitheatre (Thingspiele) built in the abandoned limestone quarry in 1934-1938
  • Granite monument of the Silesian Uprisings by Xawery Dunikowski 1955
  • Lime kiln, half of 19th century
  • Geological natural reserve in the abandoned nephelinite and limestone quarry
  • Museum of the Silesian Uprisings

References

External links

  • Jewish Community in Góra Świętej Anny on Virtual Shtetl
  • Sanctuary of St. Anne

Coordinates: 50°27′22″N 18°10′3″E / 50.45611°N 18.16750°E / 50.45611; 18.16750


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.