World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article
 

Treaty of Teusina

The Treaty of Teusina, Tyavzin or Tyavzino (Finnish: Täyssinän rauha), also known as the Eternal Peace with Sweden in Russia, was concluded by Russian diplomats under boyar Afanasiy Pushkin (the poet's ancestor) and ambassadors of the Swedish king at the village of Tyavzino (Finnish: Täyssinä, Swedish: Teusina) in Ingria on May 18, 1595 to end the Russo-Swedish War (1590–1595) between the powers.

The treaty revised the provisions of the Truce of Plussa of 1583, restoring to Russia all territory then ceded to Sweden except for Narva. Russia received most of Ingria, with the towns of Ivangorod, Jama, Koporye and Korela Fortress. In effect, the treaty restored the borders predating the Livonian War. The Swedish-Russian border was delineated from the outstream of the Systerbäck river into the Gulf of Finland, over lakes Saimaa, Inari, the settlement of Neiden and up to the Murman Sea. Russia had to renounce all claims on Estonia including Narva, and Sweden's sovereignty over Estonia from 1561 was confirmed.

Sweden regained control over Ingria by the Treaty of Stolbovo in 1617, following the Ingrian War.

See also

Sources

External links

  • Text in Swedish with Finnish Translation
  • Scan of the treaty (IEG Mainz)
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.